The SME Export Marketing Fund (EMF) aims to encourage small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to expand their markets outside Hong Kong by providing financial assistance to SMEs for participation in export promotion activities. Companies registered in Hong Kong under the BRO, in Government’s definition of an SME, having substantive business operations in Hong Kong at the time of making the application are eligible to apply for the application fund.
Scope of the Funding includes
- Trade fairs/exhibitions outside Hong Kong;
- Business mission outside Hong Kong;
- Local Trade fairs/exhibitions which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong;
- Placing advertisements on printed trade publications which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong;
- Export promotion activities (such as placing advertisements, keyword search, listing product information, setting up or enhancing online shop, etc.) which are conducted through platforms/media and which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong;
- Setting up or enhancement of a corporate website/mobile application of the applicant enterprise which mainly targets at markets outside Hong Kong.
- The funding scheme is on a 1:1 ratio whereas the government will cover 50% of the total approved project cost. The maximum amount of grant for each successful application will be 50% of the total approved expenditure incurred by the applicant enterprise of HKD 100,000, whichever is the less. There is no limit on the number of applications by an enterprise for EMF grants. However, each enterprise may receive EMF grants up to a cumulative limit of HKD 400,000 only.
- Each project should normally be completed within 12 months.